The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Fall Break ‘fall’owup

Students took advantage of Fall Break, using the time to relax, have fun, and sometimes even participate in educational activities.

Junior Daniel Henthorn went to a business meeting for Herbalife, a nutrition company that his brother works for. This may not seem like the most interesting of Fall Break experiences, but for the fact that it required a trip across the country, Henthorn extended his Fall Break by a few days to allow for the traveling, and he had a great time.

“I went to Long Beach California and I saw the ocean for the first time in my life,” Henthorn said.

Senior Matt Gresham and freshmen Bobby and Robby Walters went to a Scouting training event called National Youth Leadership Training.

“Me and my brother [sic] were there, and we were staffing for people to become better leaders,” Bobby said.

Other students used their break as a time to relax and have fun. Senior Cameron Kirk found entertaining things to do right here in Oklahoma.

“I went to Lake Hefner with a couple of friends,” Kirk said. “Then I went to the zoo.”

Even having an entirely uneventful break can be nice, especially when school is stressful and workloads are high. Students can catch up on homework, reading, and perhaps most importantly, sleep.

“I did nothing at all outside of my house,” said senior Jared Butler. “Absolutely nothing. It was fun.”

With the end of the year (and finals) coming up quickly, students can plan for an entertaining and potentially educational Thanksgiving and Fall Break. Visiting family and colleges is a great way to spend the time, but there’s one thing to remember: breaks are a great time to relax and get rested up for the second half of the school year. Don’t do too much.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Marionette
$585
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harding Charter Preparatory High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.