The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Free winter activities throughout the state

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

Before the weather gets too extreme and Oklahomans are stuck indoors, citizens should take the time to enjoy free activities that occur in the state.

Downtown in December hosts several free activities for the community all listed below.

Movie Mondays occur all throughout December in Harkins Theater at seven. To snag a seat all that is needed is signing up online in advance.

Water taxi rides are free to the public every Saturday during this winter months.

On December 8 the Gaylord-Pickens Heritage Museum and the Red Earth Museum will be open and free of charge to the public. Younger guests will have a chance to participate in an art project and may even get a visit from Santa. Segway Santa will also be making rounds throughout the downtown area gifting children and adults. His movements can be tracked on the downtown twitter account.

For more activities hosted by Downtown in December visit this site here.

For the lunch-time crowd, people can enjoy musical performances every workday from noon until one. This program moves all around the downtown area and locations can be tracked on their website.

Late evening drivers and passengers can explore around through neighborhoods and downtown area to look at holiday lights.

If none of these options are up your alley, try the classic: stay home this weekend and plan a snowball fight with your neighbors.

To defeat your enemies you’ll need a proper snow shelter to withstand the battle. Start with a 7 to 8 feet mound of snow. After an hour and a half wait, hollow out the middle. Keep in mind the walls of your fortress should be two inches thick. If you want to get really fancy use the remaining snow to build snowbeds and a hole at the top for ventilation.