Angel tree helps unite communities through the holiday season

Pa

STUCO’s annual Angel Tree helps families in need during the holidays

Pao Zapata, Editor in Chief

Are you feeling generous this holiday season? Would you like to help out a family in need? Then join STUCO this year with participating in the Angel Tree.  

This is the third year that STUCO will be hosting the Angel Tree and they need volunteers.  

“This year specifically all the students receiving the presents are students at ICMS. Mrs. Carlson, ICMS guidance counselor, and Mrs. West, the principal of ICMS, formulated a list of student’s needs. Coats, jackets, and kids that might not get a lot of gifts this year,” said librarian and STUCO sponsor Jillian Thomas.  

How it works: 

• Go up to the tree and pick something to gift 
  • Buy the brand-new gift 
  • Wrap the gift (if you please) 
  • Turn in your gift and receipt to Mrs. Thomas in the Library

What can I gift? 

STUCO has things like listed like coats, hats, gloves, socks, toys, puzzles, dolls, and Starbucks gift cards, target gift cards. 

What the are benefits? 

“It benefits our community because most of the students from ICMS, and all of them are local in Oklahoma City. And it benefits the student body here because I think it provides the students an opportunity to give back or just be a little selfless and really reflect on this time of year and the spirit of giving and all that good stuff,” said Thomas. “You will get volunteer hours for doing this, but you get the benefit of knowing that you helped out someone who might not have what you have” 

“It helps the community and brings everyone together to help everyone get into the Christmas spirit,” said STUCO rep Noel Mercer.  

Stop by the lobby and pick something out!