About Josiah Biles

Josiah Biles works at his desk during his planning period. He graduated from East Central University and pursued teaching right after.

Isis Frazier

Isis Frazier, Reporter

After the resignation of several science teachers, Josiah Biles arrived at Harding to save the day.

Biles pursued teaching right after he graduated college. He brings a strong knowledge of science and a cheerful personality to the students at HCP.

The Marionette sat down with Biles for an interview.

Q:  Where are you from?

JB: I’m from Ada, Oklahoma.

Q: What college did you attend?

JB: I went to East Central University, which is in Ada. I majored in biology and minored in Spanish and chemistry.

Q: Since HCP strives for their students to attend college, would you recommend yours and why?

JB: I would. East Central is a small university and the class sizes are a maximum of 25 people. There’s a really great student teacher faculty interaction. All I can really speak for is the science program and I feel like the science program prepared me as well as any other colleges in the state for a Master’s degree and for whatever I wanted to do with biology.

Q: How do you feel about teaching at HCP?

JB: I’m excited! I’ve never taught before and this is my first time teaching but I couldn’t imagine a better place to start. All the students are bright and eager to learn and the faculty is very encouraging and obviously dedicated.

Q: What are your hobbies outside of school?

JB: I enjoy rock climbing. I go rock climbing at Rocktown. I’m a runner and I really enjoy traveling so when I get the chance, I love to travel.

Q: What are you passionate about?

JB: My passions would be speaking Spanish and making coffee. I was a barista in college so I really enjoy coffee and knowing about coffee and how it’s made. And like I said, travel. I really love travelling for sure.

The Marionette is happy to introduce the new teacher. Welcome to HCP!