STUCO plans speaker for Jan. advisory

Paige Langley, Reporter

Simple acts of kindness are most times overlooked. For example, giving someone a dollar for a snack out of the vending machine or even simply smiling at someone as you walk down the street, you never truly know what someone is going through and how that one thing will affect them.

Last year, Harding had an assembly over “Random Acts of Kindness” by Houston Kraft, which left an impact on the students and faculty around the school.

Kraft delivered a message about spreading kindness and love to all those you meet and interact with in your life through storytelling and getting the crowd to laugh with him.

This time around, STUCO is bringing in another speaker with a similar message for the students.

Known as Eddie Speaks, Eddie Slowikowski is a motivational speaker who is also known for the “Revolution of Dance” on YouTube.

“He’s very good about getting the audience to be involved rather than just listening,” said assistant principal and student council advisor Steven Stefanick.

Stefanick saw Slowikowski in 2014 with the student council members at a convention and believed that his message will give inspiration to the students to think about every day acts they do.

“I think that he will have some messages for the students to realize that things aren’t really bad as you really think they are or perspective on things you say or do that might affect others that you don’t realize it. For example, maybe buying a random $1 drink for a little boy could mean a lot to that little boy for a long time,” Stefanick said. “I think sometimes hearing those kinds of stories again makes everyone think about things they do every day. Sometimes it takes a little encouragement though.”

Speaks will be coming to Harding Jan. 27 to give his speech during advisory on how to be a better person with different ways of presenting that.