Changes in dress code, game admission announced

Cam Anderson, Reporter

The administration announced changes to the dress code and home game admission policies.

Surprising students at the first assembly of the year.

Students were awarded the continuation of jeans on Fridays for hard work the previous year.  The continuation began Friday, August 24 allowing students to wear dress code appropriate jeans to school with a tucked in spirit shirt or school shirt.

“We wanted to reward the students for being number one again in the state and receiving a high rating in the nation,” Hughes said.

Along with the surprise of jeans Fridays, the administration changed the process of home game admission. From now on, all home volleyball and basketball games are free to students.

“As Athletic Director, I felt it was very important to find a way to get more students into the seats, so I worked with the Student Council to try and find a way to do so,” Hughes said.

Some students are especially excited about the new policy, like senior Luis Gallegos.

“I’m happy because I can support the team, and more people show up meaning more energy in the crowd,” said.

“It’s pretty cool, and it makes it easier to go to games,” Junior Angel Ortiz agreed.

Hopefully, these changes will encourage school spirit and spread energy.

Aside from the surprises announced at the assembly, the administration altered the dress code, hoping to provide more practical solutions for the student body.

The first change to the dress code is the new sweater and outerwear policy. In previous years there was a designated “sweater season” from the end of fall break until spring break. This new policy allows students to wear school outerwear, excluding hoodies, throughout the year.

“We listen to our students and do our best to accommodate their requests. This is also an old building and we can’t control the temperature in every room,” Hughes said.

Though sweaters will be allowed more frequently, students will still have to abide by the HCP uniform policy.

Administration also changed the pocket stitch policy because it caused some confusion last year. The dress code no longer requires students to wear pants without stitched pockets.

Administration felt it would be easier to accommodate the requests of everyone by going back to the old policy.

These changes represent a new year and another chance to prove that we are always #WINNING.