Fall play auditions coming soon

Pixabay via Pexels

“60-second plays,” arranged by drama teacher Michael Ferguson, is slated to premiere in late October.

Talal Al-Zubi, Reporter

Lights! Camera! What were we doing again? This fall, the Drama club will perform “60 Second Plays,” a fast-paced, Tik Tok-like, student led, hour long show! Perfect for the current generation of students! 

This is the much-anticipated sequel to the original 60 Second Plays put on seven years ago when drama teacher Michael Ferguson first joined Harding. The idea first came about as his senior capstone project and has now been adapted for the modern high school student.

The play will be held at 7 p.m. on Oct. 28-29. There will be a preview earlier in the month where students can get a glimpse into the show. Anyone who pays to see the preview will also get that price reduced from the $5 price of regular admissions. 

Ferguson is hoping the show will be accessible, diverse, and a collaboration between students. There will be student-led themes of current events and pop culture. 

He is looking for 6-12 main actors, who will audition reading from a prompt, three head writers, who will have to demonstrate their ability, a video editor, and six-ten crew members. 

Be sure to talk to Ferguson to get a tryout packet and auditions are from Sept. 6-10. 

“Producing this show is so fun, from the first cast meeting, through the writing sessions and rehearsals. It’s a blast,” Ferguson said.