Thank You Nots

Camila Gonzalez, Reporter

Graphic by Elizabeth Brosius

Though there are plenty of things in HCP to be thankful for, there are also those that aren’t. Here are some anti-thank you notes, or as we like to call them “thank you nots.”

Dear teachers, principals, substitute teachers, and everyone else,

Thank you for knowing how to pronounce and spell my name, because it’s extremely tough to figure out.

-Camila (Kuh-mil-uh, not Kuh-mee-luh)

Thank you to the cafeteria food for looking edible. Beige goop and something we’re told is pizza but looks more like wood with red paint and cheese really makes our stomachs grumble.

Thanks to students and teachers who drive to school for not knowing how to park and creating your own parking spots. The parking lot is so big that it’s not even an inconvenience.

Dear weather,

Thank you for postponing and canceling OSSAA events. Working on the same pieces we perfected a month ago and having our competitions rescheduled was really fun.

-The Arts Department

Dear wifi,

Thank you for being so easy to access and always working. The whole purpose of having wifi is so that no one can use it, right?

-Everyone

Thank you to the freshmen who are sitting in front of other people’s lockers in the morning. It’s not like we have to get materials for our classes so that we can actually get there on time so please, make yourselves comfortable. And thank you for moving as soon as you see us trying to open our lockers.

Thank you to the snow for falling when it’s almost spring. Thank you to Oklahoma weather for being indecisive.