Saucony Guide 14 running shoes review

Emma Attig, Editor

One of the most important things for a runner is their shoes. As a runner myself, I find it stressful when looking for a new pair of shoes. Reviews don’t give me answers for the things I am looking for, and I feel like in the store they are trying to get me to spend as much money as possible.  

So, I created a new review. Testing multiple things for the Saucony Guide 14 running shoes, and putting them to the ultimate test. I tested them for running and walking (on multiple different surfaces), strength training, cushion, flexibility, weight, appeal, sole thickness, price, and overall feel; on a scale of one to ten. I paired them with a variety of feetures running socks each time I wore them.  

Appeal: 9/10 

These shoes weren’t something that I would just workout in, I wore them to the store after my run because I thought they were cute and colorful. The mesh and details, with the contrast of the laces color, really makes the shoe stand out from other brands.  

Cushion: 8/10 

As soon as I slipped on the shoe I was in love with the side and back cushioning of the shoe. The insoles aren’t anything abnormal. I feel as though I should specify that I normally wear insoles in all of my shoes, but for the sake of the review I wore the insoles that came with the shoe. 

When running on grass the cushioning on the sides of the shoes really helped brace the impact. While running on paved roads, the insoles really absorbed the shock of the heavy steps. I also wore these while running errands, and then for a walk later in the week; needless to say, they held up really well.  

Thickness, weight, and flexibility: 9/10 

The soles are definitely thinner than others like the Hoka brand of running shoes, but thicker than the Brooks. They definitely are the happy medium. 

They are very lightweight and flexible with whatever activity I was using them for. 

Price: 8.5/10 

These shoes compared to other running shoes are pretty average. The average price is $130.00. Something to remember is that you get what you pay for with running shoes. Taking advantage of coupons and student discounts will be to your advantage. Using a birthday coupon and the fact that they were on sale brought the price down. 

Overall: 9/10

I would recommend these for shorter runs and strength training, unless you add a pair of insoles. When I ran over 2 miles in these, the hard insoles started to sway on my plantar fasciitis. They are better for hard surface runs, and lifting weights. I would definitely recommend them for an everyday shoe, as far as walking and doing everyday activities.  

The shoes were very light weight, and flexible. The shoe laces stayed tied the whole run, and true to size, which are big pluses. Overall, I was thoroughly impressed by how weightless and carefree these shoes were.