Eagle Week 2017

Lily Waswo, Reporter

HCP’s philanthropy week is back again, and there are many ways to contribute. Known around the school as Eagle Week, there will be several fundraisers and events going on during the week, all of the proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish Foundation.

One way to support Katelyn’s wish cause is eating. That’s right; eating. On March 27, head to Freddy’s Frozen Custard on N. May Ave. from 4-10 p.m. and mention Harding Charter Prep. 10% will go to Make-A-Wish.

The 2017 Harding Charter Prep Students v. Faculty game takes place March 28. The cost is $5 per player and $3 for the audience. The faculty team won last year, but will the students make a comeback?

As per Harding tradition, the Penny Wars are well underway. Each grade has a designated jar. The jar with the most pennies wins. However, any other coins or bills subtracts points from the jars. Compete against other grades and make sure to sabotage their jar.

Still hungry? Stop by Raising Cane’s on N.W. 23rd St. Mention Harding Charter Prep at the register and 15% of the proceeds will go towards Make-A-Wish.

And of course, there’s the Mr. Eagle Pageant on March 30. Dinner and pageant tickets are $15 per person (see Student Council Representatives or Student Council President Layne Cates for purchase). General admission is $5 at the door and dinner will not be included. Dinner starts at 5 p.m. and the pageant starts at 6:30 p.m. Bingo cards will also be available for $1 each.

Don’t forget to bring money and dare the Ugly Men and Women! Dares last all week and they need as much money as possible so each Ugly Man and Woman can perform their big dare at the Pep Rally this Friday.