The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Behind the lens of Matin Mazroee

Senior Matin Mazroee discovers a love of photography

Senior Matin Mazroee is taking the sky by storm in his recent drone photography projects.

Mazroee began his photography journey through inst

ructor Kelli Taylor’s journalism and yearbook classes. He took a drone course at Rose State College two summers ago and has taken full advantage ever since.  

After a professor recommended Mazroee for a project at OSU, he received an award for his presentation.  

“I was actually dreading doing this project, but 7 months after starting the project I presented it at OSU and to my surprise I received a 3rd place award for undergraduate” Mazroee said. “It felt amazing knowing that I was the only high schooler there and still winning 3rd place. Finally, all my work had paid off.” 

This caught the eye of many companies, and he was granted the opportunity of traveling to Grand Junction, Colo. for a research project. His favorite aspect of it was the hands-on experience of collecting data.

“This is the only part which was fun. The remainder of the research had to be done behind a computer,” Mazroee said.  

Although Mazroee has a passion for drone photography, he is not planning on pursuing this as future career. He is aiming for a career in the oil and gas industry but is glad he has a backup profession.  

“If you have the opportunity to do something, do it,” Mazroee said. “All of this started with me taking a class about drones in the summer. Although I failed a lot, I learned more and more.”