The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Winter ball preview

November is here, and that means the Winter Ball is just around the corner.

Along with dancing and food, there will also be a Winter Ball Prince and Princess for each grade crowned at the event, a new addition to the dance. Nominations were held in advisory classes this week, and the Winter Ball royalty will be announced before Thanksgiving.

Teachers Amanda Johnson and Elizabeth Silver are co-partnering the event, and the proceeds will go to senior graduation and the senior gift to the school. Food donations will be accepted November 26-30 for the event. Silver requested that students bring sodas, chips, cookies and other non-perishable items, and that the food have no peanuts.

Ticket prices will vary when you buy them. Starting at $15, the tickets will go up to $25 dollars during the last week before the dance. From now to November 9, tickets are selling for $15. From the November 12 to 23 tickets are $20. November 26 the ticket price increases to $25. Tickets must be bought in advance and will not be available for purchase at the door.

Students who would like to bring a guest from another school need to fill out a form that is in the front office. The form needs to be turned in by November 19, before 3 p.m.

The dance is at Harn Homestead, located at 1721 N. Lincoln Boulevard in Oklahoma City, OK 73105. The dance will be from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Dress is semi-formal.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Marionette
$585
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harding Charter Preparatory High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.