The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Taking a break

Winter break is a great time for hanging out with friends and family, or just relaxing on the couch binging on Netflix shows. Several HCP students used the free time to visit family, both out of town and near home.

“For Christmas I went to Durango, Colorado, to visit my grandma,” said sophomore CJ Koso. “Having time to spend with family was nice. We would have gone skiing if we had had enough time to, but we didn’t.”

Others chose to stay at home during the break and watch Netflix or TV. Senior Raina Drink stayed at home to watch television, and occasionally hung out with friends.

“I didn’t do much but that was okay,” Drink said. “I didn’t feel like doing a whole lot of things, anyway.”

Language teacher Josh Higginbotham stayed at home as well. “I went to see family in state,” he said. “I visited my brother and saw some old friends as well.”

“The main highlight of my break was watching three bad sci-fi movies in a row on Netflix,” Higginbotham said. “One of them was ‘Millennium’ with a folk singer as the star, so it was pretty ridiculous.”

“The only thing I didn’t enjoy was grading tests during my vacation,” he added.

Students also received gifts from family that they enjoyed.

“One of my presents was a pair of fuzzy boots that are shaped like paws,” Koso said. “They’re really cool and I love them.”

Students and teachers alike enjoyed their time with family over the holidays, and are back at Harding to continue on with the next semester.