The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

L’echange Francais 2023

4,800 miles from Oklahoma City, across the Atlantic, and 30 minutes outside of Paris, lies the small French town of Senlis. In late October of 2023, 25 students from this town will travel to HCP as part of the first student exchange since the fall of 2019. Students in the French III and AP French classes have the opportunity to host them. The French students will be living with their hosts for a short period of time, during which time they will be doing a variety of activities around the city, as well as attending HCP for a few days. 

Only students who have taken the French III course are able to host the students; this is to ensure that the students will be able to understand each other better, as English will of course not be the first language of the French students. 

The French students will be arriving on Oct. 27 and they will stay with their hosts for 14 days and, returning to Franc on Nov. 14. The students will spend some of their time in classes with their host students, while other times they will visit local museums and attractions, focusing on learning about First Americans. They will also get to attend a Thunder game.