The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Under pressure

Re-enrollment time is here. Do not forget to turn in your sheets on February 15 or your spot for choice classes for next year might be snatched up.

It’s the second semester which means seniors are that much closer to graduating and next year the juniors will take their place. If you are freaking out like I am this article for you! Luckily, the current seniors are willing to share some advice with younger students so they are prepared for the onslaught of scholarship and college applications next year. Here is that advice:

Keep in mind that there are scholarships for everything, so go on over to Google and start searching. One website that was proven useful is listed at the bottom of this article. Our school website also provides a list of websites that provide scholarships for high school students. However it is not currently up-to-date.

Most scholarships require a personal essay about you and your adversities. Many seniors have complained that some of the prompts of the essay for scholarship opportunities. For example some have a requirement for a certain set of words that must be used throughout the essay.

“Start writing your essays during the summer,” said senior Wesley Tomlin.

“Make sure you always, always, always know your deadlines,” said senior Julius Stanfield.

Seniors are required to take a special class called Senior Capstone. In this class students apply for scholarships, asking for recommendations, and writing essays.

“It’s not a blow off class,” said Stanfield.

http://www.scholarships4students.com/scholarships_for_high_school_students.htm