Take a chance, pick a book

Becca Jolly

Ms. Thomas made a beautiful display for Blind date with a book.

Becca Jolly, Managing Editor

Every reader has gone through the struggle of reader’s block, not knowing what to read or just not wanting to read at all.  

If this sounds like you, stop by the Media Center and go on a ‘Blind Date with a Book.’

This event will last until March 24. 

Students can come to the media center and pick out one of the wrapped books on the beautiful display media center specialist Jillian Thomas has created. Each book has its own vague description written on it.  

Thomas has carefully picked out books she said she knows students will enjoy reading. Some of the books on display include ‘A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder’ and ‘The Song of Achilles.’ 

Students can pick the one that sounds most interesting to them based on the description. Read the book and once you finish return it and grab another.  

“It’s a good idea to push yourself outside your comfort zone,” Thomas said, “It’s fun and different when you take a chance. You find new books you would have never chosen normally.” 

Every student that reads one of the books will get their name put into a drawing. At the end of the event, Thomas will pick out a name to win a prize. 

Even if you aren’t typically a reader, take a chance and pick a book. You never know, you might find your new favorite hobby.