The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Fall break musings

The first major break is almost upon us: Fall Break. With this break comes the end of the first quarter.

Grades will be sent home during the break. While these grades aren’t recorded, it does not mean they aren’t important. Grades are harder to bring up if they are low, and if you are doing well, one bad grade could still hurt.

As many former Harding graduates will tell you, every grade matters. GPA is a major factor in college admissions. In fact some schools have a minimum GPA that you must meet to even be considered.

Some more advice for those who are doing badly in a class: Talk to your teachers. They are there to help you; believe it or not they do not want you to fail their class. If you are willing to put in the time in effort they will be willing to do anything in their power to help you. Also, homework should be a high priority. Not only is it an easy grade, it also helps you understand the material better.

If you are doing well in all your classes, keep it up. Don’t give up yet, as your grade could still be in jeopardy. It could only take one bad project or test grade to bring your grade down. If you are still in need of some motivation, think about how easy the final will be. If you have a high grade in a class you will not have to worry about getting a high score on the final to keep your grade, which means less stress at the end of the semester.

And a final word of advice to all students out there: though this is a break, do not forget your school work. Finish any assigned work early so you will not have to stress about it all break. And to my fellow seniors, use this time to get some college applications done while you don’t have to worry about regular school work.

As a salute to our formal principal, don’t drink and drive, don’t text and drive, don’t drug and drive, and above all don’t sex and drive. Be safe, and enjoy your break.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Marionette
$585
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harding Charter Preparatory High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.