Volleyball spikes success again

Volleyball spikes success again

Hannah Malzahn, Reporter

The volleyball team had another successful tournament this past weekend.

The team traveled to Destiny Christian and placed first in the silver bracket. Volleyball coach Kyle Malzahn was proud of the girl’s performance.

“They played really well,” Malzahn said. “They faced some really strong teams and held their own which was something different given Harding’s volleyball history.”

This is the second piece of hardware that the volleyball team has brought home from away tournaments.

Senior Logan Cates is also happy with how the team played at the tournament.

“I was really happy that we won [the silver bracket] and we did the best that we could in our situation,” Cates said. “We have also been doing a lot better than we have in the past, and Coach Malzahn has been pushing us to do the best that we can do.”

The team also had successful games from against Casady this past Monday. The freshmen, junior varsity and varsity teams all won. The freshmen and junior varsity swept their games easily.

The varsity had a tight game but fought for the win. The girls won the first two games and then had some trouble making the team play a tie breaker.

Malzahn said, “It was a hard fight, but they played well.”

The Lady Eagles pulled together and won the last game which made another victory for the volleyball team.

“I feel that we played well, but there is definitely room for improvement,” said senior Vy Ha.

The team has continued to improve from previous seasons.

“Last year, we would get mad at each other sometimes and the older players would get annoyed with the lower classmen pretty easily, but this year, the seniors are trying to become more cooperative since we have so many lower classmen,” Cates said.

The next home game for the lady eagles is September 29 which is also Senior Night.