The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Eagle Week 2024- A Reflection

One of Harding’s finest traditions received some major changes this year due to some recent controversies. Eagle Week, which is a week-long charity fundraising event, has been a tradition at Harding Charter Preparatory for quite some time. Students would often compete to raise the most money through games, events, competitions, and, historically, dares.  

This year’s Eagle Week kicked off with a Friday assembly, in which Student Council gave an overview of this year’s Eagle Week events and charity, as well as kicking off the competitions and putting the freshmen in the lead- yet their glory was to be short-lived. 

While there was much fun to be had this year, there were a few key changes that set this year’s Eagle Week apart from the others – for better or for worse. Most notable of which was the lack of the dare system, which had taken a prominent role in most prior years. Due to a recent controversy, it was deemed that there would be no dares held this year. Missed though they were, it remained a fun and interesting week.  

Another major change from prior years was the heavy air of competition – throughout the week, the grades competed for the most points – points, again, being gained through the variety of competitions hosted by STUCCO, all of which somehow involved the donation of money to this year’s charity, Positive Tomorrows. By the end of the week, the grades were close in points- with the Sophomores in the lead- but the Seniors came in at the last minute, taking a glorious and well-paid-for win. 

While this year’s Eagle Week was certainly different from past ones, it remained an exciting event and a continuation of a longstanding tradition.