The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

“The things we hide from the light” Review

Things we hide from the light is a romance novel by Lucy Score. In the book we meet Nash and his brother Knox and the main character Angelina or Lina for short. We follow Lina as she tries to find out who took her clients things and as she is doing her job, she realizes she has to go back to her hometown Knockemout where the brothers are. Lina moves in next door to Nash as we meet Nash we find out he has been shot twice. Lina and Knox used to date back in college so that’s how they know each other. 

Later as Nash and Lina have been talking and they learn more about each other like Lina has a heart problems and Nash struggles with anxiety attacks. So when Nash has an anxiety attack, Lina knows how to help him after she helps him, they end up spending the night with each other.  Now, Knox does not approve of Nash and Lina being around each other so Knox ends up talking to Nash about it, and Nash told Knox that he will not be listening to him. Lina and Nash find out that they are after the same person after discovering what they were hiding from each other . 

Nash realizes he is falling for Lina increasingly as she stays in town, Nash becomes very overprotective of Lina and tries to protect her from danger, as this is happening Lina also realizes her feelings for Nash as well. They always pull one another to each other, and do not want to fall for each other.  At the end of the book Nash and Lina end up together and get married. 

I highly recommend this book especially if you are into to romance novels, I was sucked in on the first page it was just so good. I like how it was a brother getting with his brothers’ ex-girlfriend even though Nash was told to leave Lina alone.