Introducing Mr. Eagle

Jonathan Conley, Reporter

The student council has decided to add to Eagle Week’s shenanigans by introducing the Mr. Eagle Pageant,  a style and talent competition that will separate the men from the boys of the student body.

“We wanted to start a silly tradition that we can look forward to each time Eagle week comes around,” Emily Sanchez said.

The gym doors will open from 6:00 to 7:30 PM tonight to allow students and community members to watch the show. The price of admission will be $5.

Student council, wanting to involve diverse and outgoing students from all grades, has invited Gabriel diGregorio, Geraldo Santillan, Ryan Biggers, Alvaro Hernandez, Carus Newman, Alex Santillan, Garrett Saunders, Cal Serven, William Cornelius, Tyrius Johnson, Jonathan Sterns and Jaylon Thomas to compete for the title of Mr. Eagle.

The pageant’s contestants will be scored based on their performances in the four categories of Sportswear, Formal Wear, Silly Talents, and Personality. In addition to these four events, a gift card auction will offer an opportunity for audience members to push the odds in favor of their favorite contestant.

All money raised from admissions and through the auction will go towards Hearts for Hearing, an organization which aids those suffering from hearing loss.