The student news site of Harding Charter Preparatory High School

The Marionette

The Marionette

The Marionette

Polls

Do you prefer winter or summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Fall sports at-a-glance

The+HCP+boys+and+girls+cross+country+team+competed+at+the+Chile+Pepper+Festival+in+Fayetteville%2C+AR.+The+standouts+on+the+team+for+the+5k+included%3A+Chase+Busick%2C+Roberto+Barcenes%2C+Isaac+Kabrick%2C+Allegra+Knight%2C+Stephanie+Moreno%2C+and+Elise+Widmer.+
MJ Alexander
The HCP boy’s and girl’s cross country team competed at the Chile Pepper Festival in Fayetteville, AR. The standouts on the team for the 5k included: Chase Busick, Roberto Barcenes, Isaac Kabrick, Allegra Knight, Stephanie Moreno, and Elise Widmer.

Volleyball

The volleyball team has wrapped up their 2013 – 2014 season.

The girls traveled to Weatherford to compete in the regionals tournament where they came in last. However, the team is looking at this year as a stepping stone to future success.

Rowing

The rowing team had their first regatta this past weekend.

The juniors’ team competed in the 4000 meter long course against crews from Texas, Arkansas and Colorado.

The varsity boys won three gold medals, one silver medal and three bronze medals.

The varsity girls won six gold medals, two silver medals and three bronze medals.

The novice boys won two gold medals and one silver medal.

The novice girls won two bronze medals.

There were also collegiate races along with the high school races. Teams such as Harvard, Clemson, University of Massachusetts, University of Texas, Southern Methodist University, Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma University and University of Central Oklahoma competed against one another.

Cross Country

The Cross Country team competed in Pre-state this past weekend at Edmond Santa Fe.

Allegra Knight ran the 3200 meter long course in 13:04.01. She placed 10th out of 169 runners.

Roberto Barcenes ran the 5000 meter long race with the time of 20:37.26. He placed 88th out of 205 runners.

This past weekend the team traveled to Arkansas to compete in the Chile Pepper Festival for 5000 meters.

The top 5k HCP runners for the Chile Pepper Festival included: Chase Busick, Roberto Barcenes, Isaac Kabrick, Allegra Knight, Stephanie Moreno and Elise Widmer.

Archery

The Archery team has started practicing. Cindy Henry is the coach and is preparing the team for regionals in the spring.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Marionette
$585
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harding Charter Preparatory High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.